Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

A couple minor problems

Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple minor problems

Hello all, I'd like to start by saying I've been lucky enough to solve a few problems by finding a related post on here, so thanks for that!

I've done some digging around the forums for my current set of issues but haven't really found anything to help me out.

The two problems I'm currently facing are the dome lights not working correctly and my heated seats not working correctly. I'll break it down some and give some specifics.

I have a 2006 F-150 Lariat, by the way. When I first got the pickup everything was working correctly. I installed an aftermarket stereo about two months ago and that's when these issues surfaced so I'm willing to bet it's related. I just can't figure out the cause.

Dome Lights:

When I open the doors, any door mind you, the dome lights don't come on. I've verified that the switch is in the correct position and that the light actually functions. When I move the switch to "On" the dome lights up just fine. It just won't come on upon opening the doors. I've checked the fuses and looked for any wiring that might be the cause but I'm at a loss here.

Heated Seats:

The issue with the seats started at the same time as the dome lights. I've seen a few threads with similarities to what I'm experiencing but not quite the same. So when I push the button to activate the heated seats, both of the little red lights turn on for about half a second then turn off. The seats never warm up, nothing happens. In the threads I've read, this was happening on only one of the seats, not both and the issue was a defective heating unit. However, in my case, this is occurring on both seats and I find it hard to believe that both seats would go out at exactly the same time. I've pulled the dash panel off and verified that the connectors were solidly connected and couldn't see any cut wire or anything that would indicate a problem.

Hopefully someone out there has some bright ideas for me and I really appreciate any help I can get. If you need more info or something isn't clear, I'll do my best to fix it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A couple minor problems