Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Confusion on ROUSH grille

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Confusion on ROUSH grille

So there are 2.
The ~$350 made of aluminum and ~$200 which is where my question is.

Looking at some descriptions, is the ~$200 grille made of plastic? I've read "chrome over plastic" on some descriptions and I don't think I want a plastic grille. Thought it would be metal...

Am I missing something here?

Anyone with pics to show?

Last edited by Lenn; 01-06-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you are correct, there is a more expensive (but less shiny) billet aluminum Roush grill and a chrome plating on plastic Roush grille.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=596
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=714
Chrome on plastic is pretty common, I've seen it on pens, cell phones, computers, and bunches of other stuff including on vehicles (your F150 badge). The chrome is naturally shinier than aluminum and won't rust out because its covering plastic. Your factory grille was plastic, the grille surround is plastic, and the entire panel above the bumper is plastic, so what's the difference if the Roush grille is plastic? You're getting robbed if you buy the plastic one for $200 though, its $120 on the Roush site. And the aluminum one is under $300.

Last edited by Keeblerz28; 01-06-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic ---

Keebler is right - it is plastic, as are the other parts he points out. But so are a lot more of the parts of your truck, our trucks. If price is an issue look for Roush Overstock on ebay - you can often get the grille there for sale at about $99.

Christmas Day 08 I rear ended a car in front of me and the plastic grille surround cracked, the Roush grille, did not. It's a quality durable product. FYI - Ford sells the same grille with the Ford oval embedded (actually that's what you see here and it's called the Chrome Edition grille - the Roush does not have the oval, it has to be stuck on with tape and a bracket on top of the grille) and it costs $735! (well it also includes the chrome surround.)

Here's a pic with my original Roush grille (pre wreck)... and the bottom insert is a Roush overstock that we cut to make the lower insert. All plastic!

Last edited by Smokin Lariat; 01-06-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow thanks for all the information. This really helps. Price isn't the issue, I was just trying to make sure I didn't buy the wrong thing hahaha Should be coming in at the end of the week or early next week. Can't wait to get it on!

Quick Reply: Confusion on ROUSH grille