Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Compass Calibration Multiple Failure.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Compass Calibration Multiple Failure.

So I had my windows tinted, the shop told me to remove the rear view before I came in. No prob. I unplugged the compass sensor because I did not realize that it snapped off the mirror. Well I've follwed the owners manual trying to cal the compass and it has failed everytime. I have it set on the correct zone, and I'm pretty sure I can drive in a circle when after gettting into cal mode. But EVERYTIME it is incorrect. I'm going north it says south, I'm going East, it says west. What am I doing wrong?

After getting the windows tinted I couldn't wait to get my wheels on so I put them on the factory rubber. I'm debating on whether or not to get a body lift so I can fit 37s instead of downgrading to 35's, as I would really like that extra inch of ground clearance.

What do you guys think about getting the bumpers and bottom body line with a rhino line, linex or hercules type thing. I think it would look good especally after I get my emblems switched to black....

Just say to Chrome....
Old 02-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I personally love the rhino lined look as long as it is carried over the fender arch not just following the bottom accent line. Shoul look nice though with those darkish wheels.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lenn
I personally love the rhino lined look as long as it is carried over the fender arch not just following the bottom accent line. Shoul look nice though with those darkish wheels.

Yeah I was thinking about some bushwackers or some kind of flare. Haven't seen any pics of one with lining going over the fenders, not sure what line you would use....

Oh and when leaving the office where I have to load my pictures, I figured out that I clipped the compass sensor on wrong, I removed it re clipped it, ran the cal and all is good...

Last edited by rollingthunder; 02-15-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Figured out compass
Old 02-15-2009, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you got the connector on backwards. Check the physical connection and if that ain't it, go to the dealership.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
Yeah I was thinking about some bushwackers or some kind of flare. Haven't seen any pics of one with lining going over the fenders, not sure what line you would use....
This is the one I have seen used alot. Follow that line around the front of the bumper or just run it down to the chrome instead of following it around.
Like this... Pardon my horrible line following skillz with this mouse.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Compass Calibration Multiple Failure.