Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Pistol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold air intake

Hi Guys
Would like to give my 4.6 liter engine a little more spunk.Im interested in a cold air intake for my 05 F150 STX.Are they hard to install?Do I have to do anything else to engine,drivetrain or just install&forget it?Ty,Pete
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they aren't hard to install at all. If you looking to get alot more power you may want to get a tuner and exhaust change. But yes you can just change the intake and let it be.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfierro1
Hi Guys
Would like to give my 4.6 liter engine a little more spunk.Im interested in a cold air intake for my 05 F150 STX.Are they hard to install?Do I have to do anything else to engine,drivetrain or just install&forget it?Ty,Pete

I installed a CAI prior to having my cat-back system installed....
it was pretty easy to install and tool less than an hour...
While yes, you could probably run just that... the exhaust will open the whole thing up and should be at least your #2 mod if not your #1 mod.

I ran with CAI for a couple of days prior to exhaust...
I guess I could tell a difference performance wise.... but one thing I could definitely hear was a lot of intake roar when I'd get on it...

with the exhaust and CAI installed, it balances out the sound and I can feel improvement... but the one thing I can tell with these installed... I love the way my truck sounds now...
It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

About as hard as doing a search on "CAI" or Cold air intake" or "intake".....if you can do that and read the hundreds of threads, then you can install one.

Quick Reply: Cold air intake