Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Coil overs?

Hey all. I have been trying to do some research on lowering my 07 f150 xl. It's 2 wheel drive so i don't really see the point in lifting it. ANyways, my roommate was talking about some coil overs he had on his Integra and said they were awesome because he could raise or lower his car depending on what he wanted. I was just wondering if anyone has them or knows of a high quality brand that i can research into.

If you have them, then how do they affect the ride and what kind do you have??

thanks for any help
Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had coil overs on my 03 Cobra. They were from Maximum Motorsports look them up and see if they can help you. It greatly improved the handling on my Cobra with about the same overall ride quality (not overly stiff). And yes to can adjust the ride height on coil overs. Please let us know what you find.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Rancho makes an adjustable kit.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only done it on my Sports cars, coilovers are quite nice. Cant help much for a truck for them though.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Master of disaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you would only be able to do coil overs on the front because you have leaf springs in the rear. Just make sure you know what yu want before you do it because your the one who has to drive that truck.

But look on ebay they have decint prices on lowering kit for the f150, and also if you lower the truck make sure you get the kit complete with the shocks and strut.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

---------------- Now playing: DMX - The Rain via FoxyTunes

well i want to drop it just a little bit. i'm not the kind of guy to go extreme and bag it and cut out my fenders and the bed lol. i'm going to be putting some rims (20s) on there and i really just like the way it looks when the rims fill up more of the wheel well. i really like the idea of coil overs but i (stupidly ) thought they would be on all the way around. i might still put them on the front. i'd have to do some research on it and let you guys know. my friend keeps sayin to just get some shackles and drop it that way but i agree with extreme. i definately want the whole kit and not just pieces of it lol.

Quick Reply: Coil overs?