Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Code Alarm SRT6700 Anyone?

Old 06-13-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code Alarm SRT6700 Anyone?

I picked up the SRT6700 series from Travis at kcautosound with all the bells and whistles. I ended up paying close to $500 shipped. The alarm worked fine for about a year then I had to get a replacement shock sensor from Travis at no charge because the truck would honk or even go off for no reason. No garbage trucks or loud Harleys around to make the alarm trip. After replacing the shock sensor the problem came back after 4 months. One time, I was even working in the garage and it went off, so I knew the alarm was malfunctioning.

About 2 months back the remote start function no longer works. Another problem with this system the remote to vehicle range doesn’t even come close to the 1 mile or so advertised. Even when I can visually see my truck it doesn’t respond to 50 feet or so. I mounted the antenna at the top corner of my window so I know it's not because of that.

Now, I'm stuck with a $500 piece of junk that no longer works. I read up that this particular system has been known to have problems by Code Alarm themselves and that's why it has been discontinued. I tried to contact Travis through his website and even his own personal e-mail but I got no response back. I figured because I've had the alarm for so long I would no longer get support anymore.

What this all boils down to is, anyone with the Code Alarm SRT 6700 having the same problems as me???
Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump... No one???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code Alarm SRT6700 Anyone?