Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

climate control problems/no ac/heat will not turn off

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default climate control problems/no ac/heat will not turn off

07 F150 5.4 STX
I am so excited to resolved this issue, that i just had to post it. i hope it helps someone.

concern: #1 while driving, after having my heat and defrost on, i would still get heat when i turned my heater off. it was coming from both the floor and face vents. #2 when turning on my AC, it would blow hot air, nothing cold. #3 only when turning the vehicle off, could i then turn off my climate control. Then i could start the vehicle with the climate control off, and not get hot air. But still no AC. the light would say the AC was on, but it clearly was not. it was nothing but burning hot air.
#4 when trying to get my ac to come on, once on MAX, after about a minute, the air would come through only the defrost and floor.

I went to my local ford parts dept. they printed off a copy of my climate control head unit. it was a detailed picture, with all off the parts listed, and where they go. at first i thought everything was wrong, so i changed out the climate control header face plate buttons.$35 bucks. that didnt work. same issues. so i had the parts guy circle the most parts purchased and replaced. he circled 3 actuators. 1 for air mode, 1 for vent control, and one for temp control. each part is about $30 bucks.
based on the fact that i couldn't change my temperature i changed the temp actuator. although not easy, it wasn't super hard either. I took pictures incase anyone needs help.

Hope this helps you,
Bj

Last edited by beejamous; 03-04-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: accident
The following users liked this post:
bad jerod (11-20-2012)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have pictures still???
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah my temp actuator in my 08 went out also. My ford guy said it's pretty common in the f150s.

Quick Reply: climate control problems/no ac/heat will not turn off