Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control

Hey Guys! I have an 04 Lariat with 55k miles on it that is seeming to be more trouble than it's worth. Among other problems, I got up for work this morning and like every other morning I hit the remote start about ten minutes before I leave the house. I jump in my truck and take off realizing the dash is very dim. I notice it's my climate control. It is blank and will not do anything?? Anybody have any suggestions?? I parked it last night with the heater blowing, wake up this morning with nothing...

Thanks in advance-

PS- I have only had the truck for a few months and already replaced 2 window motors and regulators...Glad I went back to Ford.. lol
Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You got me on this one. I'd suggest removing the climate control fuse to see if the rest of the dash lights go back to normal. Then plug that fuse back in.

Those electronic control climate units make me glad I have the old fashioned dial control setup. I only have to worry about a cable or vacuum actuator.

In the future, be sure to turn off all electroninc accessories prior to turning off the engine. It makes for an easier load on the battery when you fire the engine back up; it's also easier on the electonics.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 11-11-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 AM

Sorry, I think I need to clarify something. It was 5:00am when I started this thread... Everything is working properly excluding the climate control. I mentioned the dash being dim, and I was talking about the lack of the climate control being on. Sorry for the confusion. I am going to check the obvious stuff (fuses) when I get home. Just thought this might be ANOTHER problem common issue with Ford.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM

Unhappy Me to.

I have the same problem but my climate control center blinks when the running lights are on but has no digital readout and nothing will work also. maybe someone can help us.

Quick Reply: Climate Control