Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome?

I am new here, and soon to be new to trucks in general, and am just wondering why searching around this board (as well as others) alot of people seem to be against the chrome on trucks. I have always like this about trucks because they seem to be the only vehicles you can get with chrome on them anymore. Whats the deal with chrome? Why not?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I just don't like it. I prefer the dark way my truck is headed. I have seen some black and some white trucks that look great with chrome when done tastefully.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM

If you saw my other thread about the truck I want, the only chrome I really want (when I find the truck) is the bumpers, running boards, grill surround (not the insert), and emblems (although I am not a big fan of emblems and will probably lose them all, who knows though). I think when those pieces are chrome it looks great!

*edit - although, I am looking at some blacked out trucks and man do they look great also! Ford just makes such a beautiful truck, they look great however their done...

Last edited by ste6168; 02-06-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Got chrome??

I've got some around here somewhere.... The lights are waiting for a bull bar, chrome running boards are on the way, chrome rims are gonna come sooner or later, comon taxes, lol
Attached Thumbnails Chrome?-p2060412.jpg   Chrome?-pc240273.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Chrome faided as a fad (thank god) at the end of the 50's and early 60's. It added weight; something our trucks really don't need.

Like alot of the others, I'm for a clean, "simple" look...and a little bit of the black out effect. Some are going to too much extreme with the blackout though, but it does look better than chrome.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's personal preference.

Why don't I like chrome?

Because I bought a "Truck", not a grocery getter. I use my truck, my truck has been in places where my friends look at me like I'm "slow" for going there, I have a LOT of scratches(surface) on my truck at 34,000 miles from twigs, branches etc... If I wasn't going to push the thing to it's limit, I would've bought a Lincoln and chromed it out. But I want a truck, not a overgrown car with a bed.

That said I still want my truck to look good, which is why I'm getting rid of the chrome it does have. Why? Because it's too busy, I have Chrome, Black, Arizona Beige, silver decals..... Eventually it will be Arizona Beige and black two tone(same as factory two-tone, black bumpers etc).
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
It's personal preference.

Why don't I like chrome?

Because I bought a "Truck", not a grocery getter. I use my truck, my truck has been in places where my friends look at me like I'm "slow" for going there, I have a LOT of scratches(surface) on my truck at 34,000 miles from twigs, branches etc... If I wasn't going to push the thing to it's limit, I would've bought a Lincoln and chromed it out. But I want a truck, not a overgrown car with a bed.
LMAO!! Hell yeah, a couple of my buddies are like "whats with the scratches? Get this painted." Referring to a line of scratches down the passenger side that I acquired crawling through a wash lined with sagebrush.

My response is..."um I have a truck so I can go pretty much wherever I need/want to go. If it gets scratched, oh well. Go drive your pretty acura"
Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess me and the OP are the odd men out here - I drive a 'Chrome Edition' 06 Lariat 4x4 and love it. I even added Alteeza tails and 3rd brake light and other chrome touches to accentuate the chrome. Of course, it's a Smokestone colored truck - generally silver in appearance and the chrome blends well I think.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
fitz888

I love the chrome must be a new england thing
Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by fitz888
I love the chrome must be a new england thing
I'm from Missouri and I love the chrome too. Although in small doses. I also love the blacked out look, unless its overdone. I just bought my truck used, but it is scratched. Its a truck, not a show car. haha That's why I have the Mustang.

Quick Reply: Chrome?