Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Check engine light?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Check engine light?????

Hello all, my name is Travis and i own a 2006 Ford F150 SuperCrew xlt 4x4 5.4L. My little check engine light came on about a week ago. I read in the manual that it is the emissons light. I am still in the process of doing the on board diagnostics with running 3 tanks of fuel and checked the fuel cap. I want to try and avoid taking it to the dealer cause you know how that goes. Is there any other things i can do to try and make it go off. Or what other potential problems are caused by that light coming on. The engine still runs fine like the light hasnt even come on. I would appriciate any help. Thanks.... Travis
Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

get it scanned and lets go from there.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Travise90
Hello all, my name is Travis and i own a 2006 Ford F150 SuperCrew xlt 4x4 5.4L. My little check engine light came on about a week ago. I read in the manual that it is the emissons light. I am still in the process of doing the on board diagnostics with running 3 tanks of fuel and checked the fuel cap. I want to try and avoid taking it to the dealer cause you know how that goes. Is there any other things i can do to try and make it go off. Or what other potential problems are caused by that light coming on. The engine still runs fine like the light hasnt even come on. I would appriciate any help. Thanks.... Travis
Take it to autozone and have them scan it to give you a print out of the code and their description. As obus stated, then we can go from there.

Quick Reply: Check engine light?????