Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Changing Tire Size in Edge Evo/Gryphon

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Changing Tire Size in Edge Evo/Gryphon

I have an Edge Evo converted to a Gryphon. I went in to verify the tire size. It looks to be defaulted to 2355mm. I go to stage 2, change the tire size the correct value for my setup, hit done, follow the cues to turn key off, back to on...programming complete.
When I go back in, the value is back to the default...2355mm. It seem to be programming fine, but something isn't right. Can you Evo guys verify that the updated setting should be there, and not the default? Thanks.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

I have the same issue. Read from the manual and did the programming step by step. Numerous attempts and it always returns to the original value.
So I am posting to see if there is a fix.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:03 PM

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

That's odd guys...maybe do an update? My edge (now Gryphon) will change the value I set by a few millimeters, but never revert back to default.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 AM

Yeah, it's definitely not working on mine. I input 3 different values, and test drove. GPS, dash and tuner MPH never reflected a change. My funky low idle condition has now evolved into episodes of high idle condition. Now this problem, has me reconsidering the gryphon update. I plugged it in, and there are no updates available. I may just try to return it to stock Edge Evo and see how that works. I'm a bit hesitant to do that, because I got USB driver issue during the conversion to start with. Disappointing...
Old 10-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

weird.. mine stays to what I input..
Old 10-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Well. So there's two steps to this, right? You say "I go back in" as in you go back into power programming?

Unless you use "Load values" at the very bottom BEFORE you look at the ones in there, they will default to whatever the defaults are, no matter what custom settings you set prior. That's working as designed.

If you put something in, program it, go back in and load previous and it's STILL wrong, that's a problem.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by elricfate
Well. So there's two steps to this, right? You say "I go back in" as in you go back into power programming?

Unless you use "Load values" at the very bottom BEFORE you look at the ones in there, they will default to whatever the defaults are, no matter what custom settings you set prior. That's working as designed.

If you put something in, program it, go back in and load previous and it's STILL wrong, that's a problem.
Yep...operator error. I wasn't aware of how the 'load values' function worked. It's retaining a number within 3mm of what I input. Thanks for the assist, elricfate.