Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Changing my exhaust again

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Changing my exhaust again

Well I can't take the drone with this MBRP catback anymore so I am taking it off as soon as my new system comes in. I have a sound meter at work and checked the levels the other day. Cruising 60-70 at 1800 rpms the sound level in the cab with the windows up reads 94dba. It reads nothing less than 89dba at any other speed unless I have my foot off the throttle. This thing is droning out the kids headphones when their trying to watch tv Sad but it has to go. I really love the sound otherwise, it really sounds deep mean

So I decided to go with Corsa since they have reflective sound cancellation (RSC) which they say cancels resonance and drone. I found a member on F150online that has the same headers and cats as me with the Corsa 3" SI/SO Touring system. He said he already had the cat back and just added the headers the other day. What he said is that the headers made his system loader but he still doesn't have any drone. I was thinking of going with the Sport system (louder) but he said his system basically sounds like the Sport now and that it's completely quite until the rpms reach 3K then he said it gets really load. this is what I really want, just wish I got it right the first time. What sucks is this system is not cheap at all. Corsa wants around $900 for it. LMPerformance was $761.66 but when I ask Corsa about them they said that LmPerformance sells old stock and sometimes they get complaints about their customers missing pieces because they were sold and open box instead of new. Luckily autoanything sells Corsa and lowered their price for me. I got it for $757.66 still a lot of money for an exhaust expeshally when I just bought one a month ago for $429. I think I have my MBRP sold so that helps a little.

I haven't told the wife yet

Last edited by whitecrystal1; 04-25-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sell the MBRP system.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 AM
08 February TOTM

I misspelled sold for sound...yeah I think I may already have it sold.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought that that sentence read a little weird, but That might just have been me last night, lol

That has got to help make the decision a bit easier. I have thought of adding some flow through mufflers lately, but even if I get rid of the exhaust drone, I'm still going to have the road noise from the mud terrains.

Last edited by Ty; 04-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Corsa is a decent system...
Good idea.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a guy at the shop I go to yesterday, he asked how much I'd paid for my Magnaflow, I told him 550-600 installed, and he said "Should have come here, we could have run some pipes with cherry bombs for 350...derrr
Old 04-25-2008, 01:45 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

will you need to have troyer write another tune Whytecrystal?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:00 PM
08 February TOTM

Originally Posted by 05 super
will you need to have troyer write another tune Whytecrystal?
No not really. The cat-back doesn't really change anything. I plan on doing efans later this summer. When I do, I'll go back down to see him again and I'll have my tunes tweaked

I just picked up my Corsa today I don't have any time to install it though Hopefully I can do it next week, Thursday or Friday.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:48 PM
08 February TOTM

Well today totally sucked *****!

Last night I started removing my MBRP exhaust...I only got as far as removing all the clamps and hangers. I tried to separated the exhaust but it wasn't happening. I was able to loosen each section (get then to turn from each other) but that was it. I soaked it down with oil and went to bed. This morning I tried again but it wasn't coming apart, so I went the the muffler shop by my house. They said they would remove it for 1hr labor but they weren't sure if they would be able to get the tail piece off without denting the pipe. I said if it doesn't want to come off then leave it attached to the muffler and I'll work on it some more.

Well after waiting there an hour they came to me to say they can't even get it off the truck and they were gonna bolt the it back up. I said then just cut it off. That sucks! That exhaust is now in the trash. Here I thought I was going to sell it for $200 and get half my money back...when I ended up paying $100 to throw it away.

^^^ That's not even the worse part of the day!

So I get back home, driving with no exhaust of course (wow is that loud) and start putting my Corsa on....only to find the front pipe (mid pipe) was to short. It's the one listed to fit my truck but it was 4 inches short I called Corsa and spent a few minutes on the phone with them. They kept questiong how many doors does my truck and and which way the rear doors open. The ask me to email them a picture of my truck and a picture of my stock pipe along with their pipe. Come to find out I need a 21 3/4 pipe not the 16" pipe they sent me because 04 and some early 05's were different

Now I don't have an exhaust or a drivable truck. The guy at Corsa said he will have that pipe to me on Monday. Well Monday doesn't do me much since I work mid shift, I can't finish this now until Wednsday next week

Goods news of the day I was able to wash my truck and my car. Bad news it's puring down rain right now At least I got the bird **** off of them. Oh and I changed the oil in the lawnmore but I broke my measuring cup wiping it out when I was done

Last....I installed Silverstars in the wife's car high beams, low beams and fogs. That one was without any issue.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it rains, it pours.

I've had days like that. A couple have been so bad that finally you just have to sit down and laugh. Your description sounds like one of those "I can't win, have to laugh" kind of days.

Quick Reply: Changing my exhaust again