Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Center Console Modification

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console Modification

I want to modify the center console that is on my '04 F150 Crew Cab. I have the one with the gear shift on the center console. I want to specifically modify the small section that has the cigarette lighter in the center of the small section. I want to add an LED light and maybe a 120VAC outlet. Any available items that are already made?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the outlet would not be hard, many cars have them, you just need to find out which ones, and go rip the parts you need out of one at a junkyard.

I know my buddies vibe has one on the dash if that helps.

and for the led's, insted of buying a 50 dollar kit for it, you can do it yourself for about 5 bucks. Just go to your local radio shack, and get yourself the led's, and the right resistors, and some wire, and solder it up yourself. the best thing about this is that you can place as many led's where ever you want to, and you can controll the color and intensity.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Yes

I know about the LED's, but I was wanting it for lighting up the general area where the cup holders are. I want it more functional. I was thinking of a light on a stick sort of thing. Thanks for the outlet on the vibe thing. I could probably do that and just hide the power inverter up under the dash. That would power my laptop. I can stop by the Pontiac place sometime next week, now comes cutting the hole.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM

I have seen an LED light that plugs into a lighter outlet so you could add two outlets and get one of these. Not sure if that would work for you. There is probably room to put a small inverter back there too. Here is a link to an example of the light I saw.
http://www.shop.com/Cigarette_Lighte...02265-p!.shtml
Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Default That is what I am talkin' 'bout

I like that. I would Like that with an outlet on the side. And then run the outlet to the back. I think this will work.

Quick Reply: Center Console Modification