Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CD errors

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Default CD errors

Hi everyone. I have a 2004 SuperCrew and a little while ago i was trying to listen to some CDs and all of a sudden i got an error message. Now everytime i try to eject it says "Eject Error" or if i try to play them it says "CD Error." I have the Lariat edition with the 6 CD changer. Does anyone know why this happened and what i can do to fix it? Thanks in advance for all your help.
p.s. i'm new here, so i apologize if this is a repost, i couldn't find any others with this problem.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, same problem here. Out of the six available slot number four is the only one that works. looking into sitching it out.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by clpeller
Hi everyone. I have a 2004 SuperCrew and a little while ago i was trying to listen to some CDs and all of a sudden i got an error message. Now everytime i try to eject it says "Eject Error" or if i try to play them it says "CD Error." I have the Lariat edition with the 6 CD changer. Does anyone know why this happened and what i can do to fix it? Thanks in advance for all your help.
p.s. i'm new here, so i apologize if this is a repost, i couldn't find any others with this problem.
It has been discussed; try removing the radio fuse (you'll loose your pre-sets), wait 30 seconds, plug the fuse back it. It has worked for a few folks, but is not a guarenteed fix.

Be sure to pray to the radio gods first before removing the fuse. That too may help.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by shawng111
Yeah, same problem here. Out of the six available slot number four is the only one that works. looking into sitching it out.
You're lucky, at least one of yours works. Not a single one of mine works. And i have 6 new cds stuck in there. ha ha.

Originally Posted by Bucko
try removing the radio fuse (you'll loose your pre-sets), wait 30 seconds, plug the fuse back it. It has worked for a few folks, but is not a guarenteed fix.
I tried this already, i also half took apart the cd player as well. But then i stopped because i don't know electronics and didn't want to screw anything else up. I put it back together and everything still works, except the cd player... Thanks for your help though.

Quick Reply: CD errors