Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CB coax wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CB coax wire routing

I remember I saw something somewhere that on the 04-08 F150's that there was some grommet in the floor. I'm making this thread because as of now, I have been stumped as to where I route my CB radio cables through my truck. I'd be running dual antennas mounted on the stake pockets. I've been trying to find a place that I can run my cables through the cab without drilling or routing it out the door, since the cables would be showing outside the truck then. Had the idea maybe I could take the back seat out and possibly route them through the cab vent in the back.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can route the cables?
Old 03-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnsf4
I remember I saw something somewhere that on the 04-08 F150's that there was some grommet in the floor. I'm making this thread because as of now, I have been stumped as to where I route my CB radio cables through my truck. I'd be running dual antennas mounted on the stake pockets. I've been trying to find a place that I can run my cables through the cab without drilling or routing it out the door, since the cables would be showing outside the truck then. Had the idea maybe I could take the back seat out and possibly route them through the cab vent in the back. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can route the cables?
Ran mine thru the grommet in the floor under the carpet in front of the driver's seat then zip tied it to existing harness up to where I mounted the antenna (drivers side hood). I might eventually switch over to a stake pocket mount and go with dual antenna's, maybe but unsure.

Last edited by 18_F-150_XLT_Screw; 03-16-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_F150_XLT_SCab
Ran mine thru the grommet in the floor under the carpet in front of the driver's seat then zip tied it to existing harness up to where I mounted the antenna (drivers side hood). I might eventually switch over to a stake pocket mount and go with dual antenna's, maybe but unsure.
Oh thanks man! That's actually exactly what I was looking for. Needed to find a place to string the cables through to the bed. Thanks bud!

Quick Reply: CB coax wire routing