Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

catalytic converter/o2 sensors removal help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catalytic converter/o2 sensors removal help?

i have a stock 08 f150 and i am thinking of removing or hollowing out my catalytic converters. i dont plan on buying high flows. What is the best way to go about this? opinions?

i also want to know how this will effect my mpg. I also want to know what to do about the O2 sensors. i dont really want to buy new ones. does anyone know how how to fool them. My wifes car was throwing a o2 code for a pontiac vibe and i bought a .99 cent resistor from radio shack to fool it....

thanks for the help and advice in advance!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Simply put, it's illegal and up to a 30K federal fine to tamper with, remove, or make inoperable the cats.

You won't gain any performance or MPG increase. So there's no point unless you want to make noise.

Use the search function to read up on those that also wanted to do it. Search on "exhaust" or "catalytic converters".
Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Nor-Cal

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I wouldn't hollow them out, that will hurt your exhaust flow and hinder performance, a piece of pipe would be best if your going to run completely catless, a custom tune or the gotts o2 mod should take care of the rear o2 sensors, leave the front o2 sensors alone since they control your air fuel mixture.

Btw if he cared about it being illegal he wouldn't ask, over half the stuff we do to our trucks is illegal, no one wants a lecture just advice....

Quick Reply: catalytic converter/o2 sensors removal help?