Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Cat Backs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Backs

I've been looking at getting a set for my 08' 5.4L SuperCrew. I've searched this site, another site, Google and YouTube and have narrowed it down to either the Corsa or Borla. I've found the best audio on the Corsa but trying to like the Borlas. I can't find a video where the audio is worth a darn. People are gassing the engine at idol and I can't hear what it sounds like just idling.

Also wanting to pick ups CAI but the choices are endless. Don't mind spending the extra $ for a good unit. I just want the best I can can for the truck.

After I complete this ill be putting an order in at PHP but want these mods done before I order. Maybe I have this backwards and if I do please speak up.

Im running 35's M/Ts so I have some noise in the cab already. Don't want much more.

Last edited by Hobie1; 01-06-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: auto correct on phone was spelling corsa corsair
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

Don't worry about the CAI, risk of running lean and lower filtration. Do the Gotts mod for the same gains. Also, better be getting a monochrome as the CS line is no longer custom tuned by PHP. As for the exhaust, the two will be similar at idle, but largely depends what models of mufflers you're looking at.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 71 Likes on 70 Posts

How about rousch cai id trust a ford factory over am brands
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Jerry

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Borlas are real nice. Buddy has a three inch si/so setup he did for about three hundred bucks installed and sounds awesome.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been running the corsa sport catback for 3 years now. Quality of materials is as good as it get's. It is loud at cold startup then settles down. It is not all that loud when warmup up and at idle. Their selling point is no to very little drone and it is true. That is the main reason that i bought it since i pull a speedboat every weekend during the summer and i didn't want any drone. You can tell it is there especially under load without any droning. I myself was down to corsa and borla and think you won't go wrong with either. Corsa has i higher pitch than borla in my opinion. good luck.

Quick Reply: Cat Backs