Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Can TPMS be Retrofitted

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Can TPMS be Retrofitted

Ok so after Ford is done taking me to the cleaners because my engine is blown I need to solve an issue that arised from my EATC swap. I got that working but in order to do it I had to swap in a Mark my cluster ( coulda been a lariat but I don't like the look of white gauges). the issue I. have is the info sensor is displaying a warning for to tpms. So I need either disable it from the display or retrofit it to work. where is the antenna for the tpms system located? does any one have a wiring diagram showing the tpms system? any thoughts?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisguyuknow
Ok so after Ford is done taking me to the cleaners because my engine is blown I need to solve an issue that arised from my EATC swap. I got that working but in order to do it I had to swap in a Mark my cluster ( coulda been a lariat but I don't like the look of white gauges). the issue I. have is the info sensor is displaying a warning for to tpms. So I need either disable it from the display or retrofit it to work. where is the antenna for the tpms system located? does any one have a wiring diagram showing the tpms system? any thoughts?
To disable tpms it's illegal but according to your description and this quote maybe a solution exist:

There is only one way to disable the tpms. You have to reprogram the instrument cluster using the vin number from another truck that has EXACTLY the same options, except tpms. To do this, it requires an IDS to reprogram and finding the correct vin number.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by picaflor
To disable tpms it's illegal but according to your description and this quote maybe a solution exist:

There is only one way to disable the tpms. You have to reprogram the instrument cluster using the vin number from another truck that has EXACTLY the same options, except tpms. To do this, it requires an IDS to reprogram and finding the correct vin number.

I was thinking it may be easiest to install Tpms in.the wheels but I am not.sure if.the antenna that pics up the sensors is located in the cluster out if it is a separate unit

Quick Reply: Can TPMS be Retrofitted