Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Can a Bed Extender be added with Bed Liner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a Bed Extender be added with Bed Liner?

I just got an 08 F150 XLT Supercab with the 6.5 ft bed and an OEM Ford bedliner. I'd like to add a bed extender to haul some 8 foot plywood and an ATV. My question is if the bedline will interfere with installing the bed extnder. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Truckin'Boatin'Bikin' Nut

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Morning Randor, I just put in my bed extender in with the bedliner in place. You just have to line up the outside surface of the bedliner wall with the hole that is in the sheetmetal before you drill. I placed a small piece of wood in between so I would not slip and hit the painted surface. My bed extender is a factory unit, I imagine even the aftemarket versions will use the same holes, Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 AM

My truck has the OEM Ford bedliner, as well as the OEM Ford bed extender. No problems with either.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:10 AM

You'll have no problems whatsoever
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks to all for your answers. It was a great help. Hopefully I can be as much help to others in the future.
Happy New Year.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM

Just one more quick note if you have not installed your bed extender. DISREGARD the dimples that are in your factory bedliner, they do NOT line up with your sheetmetals extruded holes where the bed extender mounts. I measured from the edge of the bedliner and matched it to the edge of the sheetmetal on the bed, and done the same for the height.
You have a Great New Year too!!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I figured it'd be better to resurrect it and ask my question here rather than start a new one...

Anyway, I have an '05 FX4 with a factory bed liner and just received the bed extender hardware kit from Tasca (pivot bolts and grommets) and have a question before I do the install:

Can I sandwich the bedliner between the pivot bolt washers and the bed or is the fit tight enough that I need to cut away some of the bedliner and have the washers flush to the metal? I don't have a bed extender yet so I can't test fit...

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For Future Searchers

Final answer is: Yes the factory bed extender fits with the factory bedliner and yes, you can sandwich the bedliner between the sheet metal and the pivot bolt washers.

I did end up putting the upper and lower bushings under the bedliner and directly into the holes in the sheet metal as they aren't thick enough to stay flush otherwise.

As with others, the pivot pin holes were not threaded but the bolts did cut their own threads. Also, the dimples in my bedliner lined up perfectly with the holes for the bushings and pins.

Quick Reply: Can a Bed Extender be added with Bed Liner?