Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Cab Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab Leak

To start off I have 2006 4 door Lariat. I have a slight leak in my cab it is coming from the back drivers side somewhere. It doesn't really leak in rain but if I go though a car wash it will pour in or if it is heavy rain for a long time it will have a steady drip. The water comes in to my cab from the headliner near the C pillar and hits the rear driver head rest on the right side while looking at it. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any ideas where it could be coming from. I put a gasket maker around the 3rd tail light as I thought that was where it was coming from because that light keeps blowing the bulb. Any help on this would be great I can get pictures or give more info if that would help any.

thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

It's almost always the 3rd brake light. Get a new gasket or new light with gasket. Only other thing I can think of is if you have a sunroof and one of the drains is clogged, but I wouldn't think it would be that far back.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do have a sun roof. Where would the drain be so I can check that out tomorrow
Old 05-06-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

You have four drains in the sunroof, one on each corner. The front two are easy to spot and to clean out. The rear two are all the way back. The best bet to make good and sure that the drains are cleared, connected, and not cracked is to drop the headliner. It's not easy, but it's not terribly bad either. There are some threads on it, so a quick search will pull them up.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Could potentially be your rear window seal also. Both my 3rd brake light and my rear window were leaking when I got my truck. It was pretty severe at first with both water channels filled, but once the 3rd light was sealed, the water leak was cut in half and only had water on the drivers side.

Quick Reply: Cab Leak