Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

A/C clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A/C clutch help

Before last summer my AC in my truck went out so I finally narrowed the problem down to my AC clutch not engaging so I replaced and it fixed it up until this past week when it's not engaging anymore, should I spend the $35 to replace it again or could there be a worse problem? I've heard the magnets can get rusted and stop making it engage but I'm not sure it's that's true or not, so can anyone help?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Bump
Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you give a little more details? Are you talking about the ac clutch pully? Because if so. I learned per my uncle's shop that if you just change the pully/clutch it can leak and also just keep going out. Its cheaper to get a new compressor. I replaced that and the idler pully and it fixed everything. Is your truck making a noise of some kind?
Old 02-20-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by WeRodeInTrucks
Could you give a little more details? Are you talking about the ac clutch pully? Because if so. I learned per my uncle's shop that if you just change the pully/clutch it can leak and also just keep going out. Its cheaper to get a new compressor. I replaced that and the idler pully and it fixed everything. Is your truck making a noise of some kind?
I'm talking about the AC clutch hub, it's not making any noises, I've checked all the fuses and relays they are all fine, checked the freon and it's fine. So I don't know why it's not engaging other than that the clutch could've go out again?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Update: I took the clutch hub off and took out one of the tiny washers on the inside and then put it back on and the clutch engages with no problem? Weird fix but it worked

Quick Reply: A/C clutch help