Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bumper Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Question

I have a 08 F150 XLT and my bumper dosent have the fog light inserts and i have seen ads for 04-06 bumpers... They appear to be the same other than the rectangle cut for the lights. My question is will it fit my 08(i like the rectangle look better)? Also im told that the actual wiring for the lights is somewhere near the bumper it just needs to be hooked up once i install new bumper with lights. Any truth to this? and if so how do i change out the switch? Thanx i know its alot.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about the wiring but I will say that the 06 models have the round cut outs FYI

John
Old 12-27-2008, 12:28 AM

Received 281 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by wylizzle
I have a 08 F150 XLT and my bumper dosent have the fog light inserts and i have seen ads for 04-06 bumpers... They appear to be the same other than the rectangle cut for the lights. My question is will it fit my 08(i like the rectangle look better)? Also im told that the actual wiring for the lights is somewhere near the bumper it just needs to be hooked up once i install new bumper with lights. Any truth to this? and if so how do i change out the switch? Thanx i know its alot.
Been scouring the Internet as I have the same issue except I like the round fog lights. Was hoping to find a replacement bumper without paying the +$900 cost from the dealer just so I can have the factory fog lights. I was also curious about how hard it would be to change out the dash switch.

I figured with all the XLT owners out there that this would have come up before but can't seem to find anything on the forums when searched for this topic.

Nevermind; found some posts but not where to buy a replacement bumper at a reasonable cost.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 12-27-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: More searching.

Quick Reply: Bumper Question