Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bucking 150

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bucking 150

I have a 2005 bone stock King Ranch Supercrew. Heres the story and I'm sticking to it. Roads terrible, in and out of 4 hi all the way to town. Topped off gas, never turned off truck, out of 4wd. Back on freeway (2wd) , trying to get to freeway speed and the truck starts bucking like a mule. Let off accelerator, issue goes away. Back on gas, truck starts bucking again. Pulled off at next exit, turned truck off and re-started. Problem went away and has not yet surfaced again. Almost felt like transfer case wasn't disengaged when I had previosly flipped switch from 4hi to 2wd. Took truck to dealer. Dealership throws me a bone and states sometimes the computer loses it's mind, and they re-loaded some program (so they say). Service report states (Unable to replicate problem). Anyone else had similiar probs? My forst thought was 4wd issues, no leaning toward egr, but no codes thrown per dealership.
Any assistance would be appreicated.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think ive read on another forum how the electronic transfer case has problems disengaging. i know on my friends explorer we got stuck because all the lights came on for four wheel drive but it never engaged. that whole switch to turn on fourwheel drive has some problems..

Quick Reply: Bucking 150