Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brand new truck back to the dealer for paint issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new truck back to the dealer for paint issues...

The truck's been at the dealer since Monday. There were two small dried drips/runs (one on each corner of the tailgate) and a spot on the hood about the size of a half dollar that looked like it was a lighter color than the rest of the hood. They're repainting the whole tailgate and hood!

I hope it turns out flawless because I'm pickier than just about anyone I know and will spot a mismatch in the paint faster than you can blink. Silver's a PITA to match too. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:59 PM

i didnt buy my truck brand new... but idid get it from a dealership so i cant say it was a fanucatures flaw or the previous owner but next to my 3rd brake light above the rear window i have 2 drips that are all the way down to the primer like someone dripped laquer thinner or osmething on the paint while it was still wet, or someting else harmful that ate right through the paint... or course the dealership wont fix it because they cant tell whos fault it was....

why would they repaint the tailgate if it was only drips? some wet paper and some time with a buffing wheel and those drips are gone!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by RVwalkE
i didnt buy my truck brand new... but idid get it from a dealership so i cant say it was a fanucatures flaw or the previous owner but next to my 3rd brake light above the rear window i have 2 drips that are all the way down to the primer like someone dripped laquer thinner or osmething on the paint while it was still wet, or someting else harmful that ate right through the paint... or course the dealership wont fix it because they cant tell whos fault it was....

why would they repaint the tailgate if it was only drips? some wet paper and some time with a buffing wheel and those drips are gone!
That's what I suggested, but they said that would eliminate the clear and possibly damage it. Still, after picking up the truck, I'm pretty sure that they did something along those lines and didn't repaint the tailgate.

On the plus side, they did an excellent job on the hood. It's a perfect match.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman302
The truck's been at the dealer since Monday. There were two small dried drips/runs (one on each corner of the tailgate) and a spot on the hood about the size of a half dollar that looked like it was a lighter color than the rest of the hood. They're repainting the whole tailgate and hood!

I hope it turns out flawless because I'm pickier than just about anyone I know and will spot a mismatch in the paint faster than you can blink. Silver's a PITA to match too. Has anyone else had this problem?
I have clearcoat drips all over the corners and bottoms of panels all over the truck. Cheap paint job if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Brand new truck back to the dealer for paint issues...