Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brake Light Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
WSP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Light Mystery

I have a 2008 F150 often when I go out in the morning the rear brakes lights will be on. The truck is usually parked around 5:00 pm and I started checking the lights before going to bed - always off. Get up in the morning and they are on. Now that the weather is turning cold it has started killing the battery. Dealership can't find anything. Parking brake is never set. Any suggestions?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome to the site!

Wondering if your brake light switch is set correctly, or if there's something going on with the brake pedal?

For the brake light switch - not sure how the newer models are, but the older ones were a threaded assembly with a locknut that one could adjust in or out with respect to the pedal.

For the brake pedal - unusual - can you pull up on the pedal using your toe any significant amount after it has set a while, and is that any different than the amount you can pull it up after you just shut things down?

Or, it may be something completely different.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your findings.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This is something to keep bugging the dealership about. Obviously, its not normal, am not the computor guru sort, need to find out what circiuts will activate the stop lights! Perhaps, alarm systems, theft prevention, is some jerk trying to steal the truck and the brakes are being applied?

Quick Reply: Brake Light Mystery