Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brake Controller Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Controller Wiring

Hi,

I am trying to set up my electric brake controller on my '05 F150 Supercab. I found the factory connector under the dash and then bought the proper harness, so all is connected under the dash.

My question is: where is the blue wire found at the back of the truck? Truck came with factory hitch but no wiring.

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Brake Controller

Where did you find the plugin on your factory wiring harness? I have a brake conrtol unit and harness to plug into the factory wiring harness but have not been able to find factory plug.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Enyawd
Hi,

I am trying to set up my electric brake controller on my '05 F150 Supercab. I found the factory connector under the dash and then bought the proper harness, so all is connected under the dash.

My question is: where is the blue wire found at the back of the truck? Truck came with factory hitch but no wiring.

Thanks.
It doesn't make sense that there is a factory brake controller plug under your dash and a factory receiver hitch under the step bumper but not have a factory 4 way and separate 7 way plug for trailer use.

Bill
Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Camper1
Where did you find the plugin on your factory wiring harness? I have a brake conrtol unit and harness to plug into the factory wiring harness but have not been able to find factory plug.
If your truck has the factory tow package, there is a plug under the drivers side dash. You have to lay on your back and look under there but it is there.

Bill
Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 PM

Default blue wire

the connector you are looking for with the blue wire is above your spare tire along the frame rail on drivers side yes removing your spare is a must
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 PM

You will probably have to buy the factory trailer tow harness. It should plug into the harness above the bumper on the left rear.

Quick Reply: Brake Controller Wiring