Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brake Caliper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Caliper Problem

So coming home from work on Friday I smell brakes getting cooked. When I get home, I realize it was me. My passenger side front wheel is hot hot hot to the touch and the brakes smell horrible.

I get the truck jacked up, pull the wheel, and attempt to spin the hub and confirm that the caliper is indeed frozen and locked onto the rotor.

A quick trip to Napa and 35 minutes later the new caliper is on and the truck appears to be running well.

Now my paranoia kicks in. When I get back from my test drive, and since then 3 more drives to home depot, I feel each side for heat to see if they are close in temp to eachother. The wheel I had the problem has been warmer to the touch all three times.

So tonight, I am coming home from the firehouse at 1am. No one is on the road so I attempt to come home the entire way without using my brakes to see if I have some residual rotor scrub or anything like that.

Sure enough, when I get home, the drivers side rotor is still ice cold as its 55 degrees out, and I would guesstimate that the passenger side one was up around 75 degrees... not world record temps here, but it is higher.

Anyone see this before? Is it something to worry about?

Any thoughts at this point could be useful as I am not sure whats up.

By the way, I did bleed the new caliper, so I do not think that is suspect.

Thanks

Matt
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you bleed all calipers? If not then I sagest you do that first and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper Problem