Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

brake/abs lights are on.........Can anybody help with that

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brake/abs lights are on.........Can anybody help with that

Ok well my brake light,and my abs light came on.Hooked it up to my friends scanner at his shop and it just said brake switch.First it said to check the 20fuse which is an abs fuse,it was blown,replaced the fuse and light still didnt go off.He tried to clear it,but didnt work.

Anybody have any other ideas on what it may be??The breaks work fine and so are the abs works fine also.My truck is at 51k and this is the first problem i have had with the truck so far.

If anybody has any ideas on what it may be,by all means leave all the ideas on thbis post and me and my friend can start trouble shooting and narrowing down what it may be as all the work will be done after his shop closes with his boss not there and what way we can do it for free.So any ideas at all yall?????
Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Light

Are you saying your brake lights (on the back of the truck) or the brake light to indicate the parking brake is set?

I've had the parking brake pedal not fully release and the light stay on before on my older truck. Just pull the lever and using my foot, pulled it up and that was it.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
Are you saying your brake lights (on the back of the truck) or the brake light to indicate the parking brake is set?

I've had the parking brake pedal not fully release and the light stay on before on my older truck. Just pull the lever and using my foot, pulled it up and that was it.
no he is reffering to his ABS system, in the ford truck when it goes off the ABS light and the braking break light up at the same time to signal that the system has determined a fault
Old 10-05-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
no he is reffering to his ABS system, in the ford truck when it goes off the ABS light and the braking break light up at the same time to signal that the system has determined a fault
Yes you are correct.I checked the fluid levels,all is fine with the fluids.

So any ideas from anyone would be great?Like i said both the brake/abs light are on.replaced the 20fuse that goes to the abs that was blown and light indicator lights are still on
Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM

maybe a wheel sensor??? i cant think of much that it could be
Old 10-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
maybe a wheel sensor??? i cant think of much that it could be
Well i know for the abs lights that on,its for my speed sensor,thats i already got.But trying to figure out why the brake light is on??Or could the brake light also be tied into the abs light and the speed sensor thats needs replacing?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Check the third brake light ...see if water got in there and cause the fuse to blow. I thought I read something about that a while back. good luck
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These models have bad sensors. My family is in the car business and majority of the F150 we hve on the the have the ABS light on. My truck does the same thing but it's too much of a hassle to get a new sensor, so i left it as is.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
Check the third brake light ...see if water got in there and cause the fuse to blow. I thought I read something about that a while back. good luck
Now that you mentioned that Techrep.It is blown actually.So are my aftermarket installed revers lights that i have installed on my bumber.You think that could have do something with my brake light comming on??

JonMayHall.ya i know the abs speed sensor thats installed are bad.I just deal with it.it doesnt do any harm to just leave it in cause of the cost of it.

hey atom,want to chime in on this and maybe give me your two cents as you do know allot about this type of thing????
Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM

the brake light comes on when the abs light comes on, they have always been tied together in my experience with fords, i say fix your abs and both lights will go off, my old truck it was just as simple as brake fluid being low, but check your manual it should tell you something about both the lights being on

Quick Reply: brake/abs lights are on.........Can anybody help with that