Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brake & ABS light with Engine FailSafe

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brake & ABS light with Engine FailSafe

I went earlier today to pick up some food and on the way back my brake light and abs lights came on at the same time and they seemed to be flashing at a slow pace, like on for 4 or 5 seconds then off for about the same time. I'm not actually sure if it was "blinking" or coming off and on, when I would stop it would go away, and when I was driving it appeared to be flashing, but at the same time I had to pay decent attention to the road and couldn't count how log the light was there and gone. Also when I would apply the break a few times I felt a little "bump" in the pedal, and the lights would go off when that would happen.

Then about halfway back it beeps and says Engine in Failsafe Mode, everything else seemed to be working okay, other than the two flashing lights, also while in failsafe mode it was really touchy in that if you let off the gas at all the truck would slow dramatically faster than normal. But other than that everything seemed to be fine. If it wasn't for the lights flashing and the failsafe note popping up, I wouldn't think anything is wrong.

Also my trucks an 04 Lariat Screw, 5.4, 4x4.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

have the ABS DTC's read... go from there. Most likly a sensor...
The following users liked this post:
Nick Beach (05-02-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I'm going to try and go at the start of the week to get it read. I'm hoping it's something simple like the sensor, when I googled the problem peoples experiences were all over the place.

Quick Reply: Brake & ABS light with Engine FailSafe