Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

blk headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blk headlights

I have a 06 and want some black headlights does anyone have any input on what type to get and price ? I had some after market on my expo and they SUCKED so i fig i would ask around before buyin again
Old 12-25-2010, 09:39 PM

Look on eBay, they have some good prices. If your wanting stock you can pay a little extra cash and get the Harley davidson ones. I have also seen where people has taken their stock ones apart and painting the chrome surrounding around the headlight and blinker area to match the color of the truck.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hella makes great black headlights. I've had mine on now for about 9 months and there hasn't been one drop of condensation on them...and you don't have to seal them yourself like a lot of aftermarket ones. The smoked headlights on my Mustang had to be sealed before you installed them according to the manufacturer. The Hella's quality is equal to the stock ones. There's some pics in the link in my sig.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Devil's advocate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 Tuna.
Don't waste your time with the ebay ones, they're cheesy. Get Hella.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-009456801/
Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 PM

I just was reading on another form that the hella lights were junk ????? Kinda makes me wonder since there in the 250 range...i dont mind paying for something but dont want to buy junk ! Any feed back from peeps here
Old 12-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Hella offroad lights also and have had Hella products in the past on previous vehicles...been nothing but impressed and never had a problem. Not only do I live in New England where the roads are salty in winter, but I live on an island and battle corrosion in many aspects...Hella has survived with flying colors. You get what you pay for, but like JP said, ebay headlights are garbage. Cheap and chinsy, and if you get stupid projector headlights with LEDs, I can almost guarantee you they will fail down the road. If you don't want to spend the money, just bake your stock headlights and paint them black. That costs $10.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TunaSlayer
I have Hella offroad lights also and have had Hella products in the past on previous vehicles...been nothing but impressed and never had a problem. Not only do I live in New England where the roads are salty in winter, but I live on an island and battle corrosion in many aspects...Hella has survived with flying colors. You get what you pay for, but like JP said, ebay headlights are garbage. Cheap and chinsy, and if you get stupid projector headlights with LEDs, I can almost guarantee you they will fail down the road. If you don't want to spend the money, just bake your stock headlights and paint them black. That costs $10.
Glad to hear they have held up, i dont mind sending a few hundo on lights if they work ! I had some blk ones on my expo which didnt fog but i couldnt adjust them cause that chit was stripped ! O and as for the halos......yea just not my thing AT ALL plus i would need a roll of chrome edgin to go with the halos and that might go over budget lmao

Quick Reply: blk headlights