Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Black Harley Headlights

Old 09-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Black Harley Headlights

Whats the best place to buy blacked out harley davidson headlights for an 04-08 f-150. The OEM ones from the dealer are really expensive...are the aftermarket one on ebay going for about $100 quality? Will the not leak and hold up? Has anyone bought these?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a set of harley style lights for 100.00 off ebay, got them installed and after one wash and an over night rain, had about an inch of water inside the lens. i contacted the seller and they had me send them back and they sent me a new set. a couple weeks went by and it looked like everything was fine, so i left feedback for the seller, now after about a month with them in, the driverside light is fogging and has a little water in the lens.
i just took the light out and dried the inside all out with a hair dryer and went to hardware store and bought a thing of black cauking(gasket sealer) and went around all the edges sealing it. the seams are all pretty well hidden from sight when the hood is down, but still not happy that i had to do it. hopefully it works.
the cheap ones on ebay are pretty low quality as far as being sealed, so ur either goin to have to send them back 3 or 4 or more times getting a set that dont leak, or just seal them yourself.
also heard complaints about the bulbs that come with them sometimes dont work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Harley Headlights