Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

black chrome grille!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black chrome grille!

wassup guys, i am getting my 6 in lift installed saturday, and i have made my decision to with the murdered out look on my truck. i do have the 06 f150 extended cab (one with only the 2 doors nd backseats?, always get confused on that i know im a dumb a**)i currently have chrome putco door and tailgate covers but i am swapping them out with the I.P.C.W L.E.D door handles in gloss black anzo tinted headlights and tint l.e.d tail light nd 3rd brake light. in my opinion my truck looks great i got 35s and 20 inch dale jr cannnon chrome and black rim. I REALLY WANT TO CHANGE OUT MY CHROME GRILLE, and ive been doing research for hours on all these parts, and the pictures on websites of grilles dont show me good color contrast?

What i am asking is does anyone have any picture of their black chrome grille, or just like gloss black? i really want the black chrome street schene grille but i just want to see how they look on are trucks if anyone has a picture?
thanks guys i appreciate it!
Tim
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by love4f150
wassup guys, i am getting my 6 in lift installed saturday, and i have made my decision to with the murdered out look on my truck. i do have the 06 f150 extended cab (one with only the 2 doors nd backseats?, always get confused on that i know im a dumb a**)i currently have chrome putco door and tailgate covers but i am swapping them out with the I.P.C.W L.E.D door handles in gloss black anzo tinted headlights and tint l.e.d tail light nd 3rd brake light. in my opinion my truck looks great i got 35s and 20 inch dale jr cannnon chrome and black rim. I REALLY WANT TO CHANGE OUT MY CHROME GRILLE, and ive been doing research for hours on all these parts, and the pictures on websites of grilles dont show me good color contrast?

What i am asking is does anyone have any picture of their black chrome grille, or just like gloss black? i really want the black chrome street schene grille but i just want to see how they look on are trucks if anyone has a picture?
Tim
I have never heard of anyone going black chrome on their grille. That being said, for some reason I have this overwhelming idea in my head that if you took some VHT nightshade spray (for light lenses) to your grille and then polished it, it would net you a black chrome look.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like those handles but I wish that they came color matched. You don't have to worry about it with black, but I’ve always thought there was a market for a plastic covers in factory colors. I Can’t wait to see pics of the truck when it’s done. Is this the grill your talking about? http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ford_tr...4537C8755.aspx

Last edited by UrbanTerrain; 03-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM

i will post pics on saturday of it with the lift and what not and than after i get all the little toys on it will be posted again and hopefully look great been researching all night. the door handles should look real good hopefully just have troubles finding a nice plain like gloss black tailgate cover.. i found the chrome black grille on stylin trucks, under the street scene. do u believe if i scuff up my current putco chrome tailgate handle cover and find some nice high gloss black paint it should adhere and look ok?
about that nightshade stuff i was planing on getting it for the 3rd break light but decided to go l.e.d with that. if i was to spray the grille with nightshade, i guess i would just apply a light spray to it from 8 or so inches away and keep doing that till im happy? i could always just go black with the grille, but my whole truck is about being diffrent than the other f150s, it could be good and bad but if what my minds telling me, and if my pockets can handle the next 2 months... I will have my dream f150 completed.
thanks for the input guys
tim

Last edited by love4f150; 03-10-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: more specific
Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 PM

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...sults_trigger=

its this one, it would really put a touch with the black chrome going on. i want that clean look to a lifted truck, along with the other items mentioned. just cant seem to get a good color. but i really think i am gonna sell my chrome grille, and replace it with this. i got a good feeling that i wouldnt be upset if i replaced it. it would be in the next 2 to 3 weeks, lift kit has emptied my pockets for a couple weeks
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...sults_trigger=

its this one, it would really put a touch with the black chrome going on. i want that clean look to a lifted truck, along with the other items mentioned. just cant seem to get a good color. but i really think i am gonna sell my chrome grille, and replace it with this. i got a good feeling that i wouldnt be upset if i replaced it. it would be in the next 2 to 3 weeks, lift kit has emptied my pockets for a couple weeks
I just read on another forum that a guy is looking for a chrome honeycomb grill...is yours the honeycomb style grille? If so, I can send this link to that person. Perhaps you can recoop some of your expenses.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 PM

good look bro but i have the other style grille they actually sent me a honey comb and i had to send it back, it should go quick on ebay. i saw a chrome black grille today in person i called me shop and they had one from another truck and its reall just a flat chrome nothing to diffrent just not all shiny and what not, on other hand i painted my chrome handles all black like a happy medium between gloss and dust black, and it looks sick on the truck!
thanks for the input guys
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Combat Trucker

about the nightshades; i just did my tail lights with it (twice). DO NOT HOLD THE CAN 8 INCHES AWAY! i know thats normal for spray paint but i did it and it ran. the can says to go 10-16 inches away and i would highly recommend following the directions. the tail lights were easy to re-do but i would imagine a chrome grille might be a little bit harder.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 AM

Tim
I was gonna suggest the street scene but your on top of it. They make a black one but also a grayish brushed aluminum one that can be painted with no prep work supposedly, I would consider getting that one and painting it gloss black if the regular black street scene isn't glossy enough. Doesn't really look like it from the pics I've seen online.

Quick Reply: black chrome grille!