Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Black/Charcoal 04 S-Crew Build

Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black/Charcoal 04 S-Crew Build

Hey Guys, I'm starting my build of my truck and plan to have it finished by the end of summer before I head back to school. I've attached a picture of my stock truck before any mods to give you an idea of what I'm starting with. Right now on order I have a full Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, and Edge Evo Tuner. I already have a K&N CAI installed. My next mods are:
  • XD Spy 797 18x9 wheels in black
  • 325/60-18 Terra Grapplers
  • HBS 2.5" leveling kit.
From there I'm thinking I'll night shade the tail lights and cyclops eye. I also saw in the light tinting thread something I really liked, and am gonna tackle and that's tinting the Ford badges front and rear. Also window tint at the same time. I'm thinking about buying a billet overlay grill and having a buddy sandblast then gloss powdercoat or an auto body shop paint it gloss black to match the rest. Anyone ever try this before? How'd it look? I think with the Charcoal and Black theme I'm going with it'll look good. With the grill I'm going with the Smoked Projector Angel Eye headlights on American Trucks. This will probably carry me up close to the end of summer, but I wanted to get your guys thoughts or if anyone had advice on a maybe better route to go on anything? Money isn't completely limited but anywhere to squeeze out some pennies like doing the nightshading myself would be much appreciated.

Let me hear your guys thoughts.
Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Nothing rattle canned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you changing the chrome bumpers or leaving those? Probably look better PTM or black to go with your theme. I'm sure you can do a quick search and get hundreds of ideas on going the "blacked out" look here... its the new trend...plenty of usefull info. GL
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Thanks for that Joe I probably wouldn't even have thought about the bumper being chrome until I went to do the grill. I'll probably have it painted with the grill. PS I just sold my 05 R1 last May and just sold my 03 YZ250F about a month ago. You have good taste
Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Nothing rattle canned

Thanks! I love the Yamaha's! LOL I'm waiting for the weather to break here so I can dust them off! Thy're talking about a snow storm overnight tonight....I'm eagerly waiting for spring!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:53 PM

I almost bought another R6 or R1 for this riding season but decided to spend the money on my truck instead...that'll be next year's toy.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Nothing rattle canned

I would encourage spending the money on the truck! Bikes end up getting us in trouble

I might sell my R6 and dump the money into some performance upgrades on the Camaro...it's bone stock and I've had it since 02 so its due for some spoiling! The R1 I'll keep forever..haha...love that bike! It's my 4th 2nd Gen I've owned.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
ACC. LLC.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def. think you should ptm the bumpers and tint your fog lights in the bumpers, too. The grille idea sounds really cool. Blacked badges and lights looks really cool on any vehicle. Then you could throw some fog lights behind the grille!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM

Well this project got put on hold for various reasons but I'll have the wheels and tires on it by this December

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black/Charcoal 04 S-Crew Build