Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Black Billet Fuel Door

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Billet Fuel Door

hey guys, was just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent site for ordering a black billet fuel door? ive visited a few sites all of them seeming ridiculous in price, anywhere from $152-$188. I have replaced the stock fuel door 3 times now, and had to have the side of my box painted once because the rattling of the door began to flake away the paint. Also was wondering what you would recommend for an exhaust. going for the loud and throaty rumble. thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i've read quite a few posts on here saying they have the AMI one. That is the one i just ordered. I got the non locking version and it was only 50 shipped.

http://www.autoanything.com/chrome-a...A1996A0A0.aspx
Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I still have one - non-locking - but not sure all the hardware is with it. I bought it a couple years ago with some other parts thinking it was chrome, turned out to be black. If you want I'll look for it - $30 shipped?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

i just ordered my black billit aluminum locking gas door i think i gave 87 bucks for it from stylin trucks.com ....
Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/wiper-c...-44702/index2/

theres a picture on my truck some where on that thread
Old 03-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Found it! It's a locking style - judging from key it's a AMI (?) brand. It's black w chrome accents. It is missing one of 4 small screws on the plate on the back side. And there is another small piece that's in the bag with it. Honestly I don't know if that's part of the hardware or not. Maybe someone else who has one will know and can say?

Either way, $30 shipped and it's yours or anyone who wants it. I know it's for a Ford because I bought it along with a Volant CAI intake and some other parts that I got from a guy on another forum. I bought it thinking it was chrome, based on his photos, and was surprised to find it was black. PM if interested...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
Found it! It's a locking style - judging from key it's a AMI (?) brand. It's black w chrome accents. It is missing one of 4 small screws on the plate on the back side. And there is another small piece that's in the bag with it. Honestly I don't know if that's part of the hardware or not. Maybe someone else who has one will know and can say?

Either way, $30 shipped and it's yours or anyone who wants it. I know it's for a Ford because I bought it along with a Volant CAI intake and some other parts that I got from a guy on another forum. I bought it thinking it was chrome, based on his photos, and was surprised to find it was black. PM if interested...

This is the exact same fuel door I have...I like it so far. It does its job....Looks good and it locks to make it hard for anyone to get in there to siphon your gas or mess with it in any way...

I ordered mine from www.autoanything.com
Personally I would order new to make sure u get all the necessary pieces and instructions....mine was a bit of a pain to install since u have to properly align the door and the locking mechanism. I actually had to grind a bit of the jam used to lock the door in order for it to fit just right without too much play in it and without the locking mechanism being super hard to turn....But once done it fits really good and looks great.

Last edited by Buck; 03-02-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Originally Posted by Buck
This is the exact same fuel door I have...I like it so far. It does its job....Looks good and it locks to make it hard for anyone to get in there to siphon your gas or mess with it in any way...

I ordered mine from www.autoanything.com
Personally I would order new to make sure u get all the necessary pieces and instructions....mine was a bit of a pain to install since u have to properly align the door and the locking mechanism. I actually had to grind a bit of the jam used to lock the door in order for it to fit just right without too much play in it and without the locking mechanism being super hard to turn....But once done it fits really good and looks great.
x2.... haha i did not put mine on personally... (been sick for a few weeks) but my buddy borrowed my truck one day and when i got it back he had put all my stuff i had ordered on my truck ....and when he brought it back he said that gas door was a pain to get on... said he had to grind down some stuff and bend and tweak.. but it looks great
Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 PM

So tell me, do I have all the parts - in case someone is interested in buying it??
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am contemplating buiying the cheap one at VATO ZoNE. Then blasting it with 220 alox,or scotch briting it,and painting black. It's 19.99. I just don't want chrome

Quick Reply: Black Billet Fuel Door