Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bilstein shocks w/ lift on 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein shocks w/ lift on 2wd

I purchased my 04' F150 new and instantly installed a 2.5" Daystar leveling kit. At 50K I had to replace my upper control arms because the ball joints were failing. I took the 2.5" kit and cut it down to 1.5" to have less fatigue on the ball joints. I am now at 100K and in need of new upper arms again.

I also need new shocks so I was thinking about getting the Bilstein shocks that have movable clips to level the truck.

Anyone on here have any experience with those?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 AM

No responses at all???

Are they bad - good-- nobody has heard about them???

I remember a few years ago some people were trying different things like using FX4 struts in the front.

Somebody tell me something.........
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I don’t have Bilstein shocks on my truck, so I can’t comment on how they perform, but I have read they are one of the best aftermarket truck shocks on the market. If you are going to replace yours, you can’t go wrong with Bilstein. Just one man’s opinion.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Try the search feature, i know they have talked about these befores...From what I hear they are perfectly good shocks.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know in the car performance world, they are looked at as some of the best you can get for the money. from what i've read, anyways. I imagine they would be great for a truck also. I'm probably going to look into them when the time comes for me to swap out. as someone else mentioned, do a quick search and i'm sure you'll come across some info.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
emtzach

im not knocking gm... with that said for all extreme vehicles they make come factory with bils so they must be reliable enough for warrenty reasons and also ive heard nothing but poss feedback as well i want them for my truck too
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 AM

EMTZACK.... Not only GM, but Ford uses them on some of their trucks too. When I had my Ranger, I was thinking of upgrading the suspension to FX4 components w/ Bilsteins. They are quality parts that work and at a fair price.
I would think that if they make a claim, they're likely to deliver on it.

My advise is to read any and all customer reviews you can find. If they sell them at any place like Autoanything or Tire Rack, read up..... Just keep in mind, not everybody using a product is very mechanically inclined so sort out those who don't seem knowledgeable.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
emtzach

Originally Posted by BlackSTX
EMTZACK.... Not only GM, but Ford uses them on some of their trucks too. When I had my Ranger, I was thinking of upgrading the suspension to FX4 components w/ Bilsteins. They are quality parts that work and at a fair price.
I would think that if they make a claim, they're likely to deliver on it.

My advise is to read any and all customer reviews you can find. If they sell them at any place like Autoanything or Tire Rack, read up..... Just keep in mind, not everybody using a product is very mechanically inclined so sort out those who don't seem knowledgeable.
good to know i hadnt seen them on older fords when i was turnin wrenches but its good to see ford using them too
Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM

I have an 06 screw thats 2wd, and put the bilsteins on about a month ago. I had them set at the third level, for about 2 1/2 inches of lift. I ended up with the front about 1/2 inch high, so I put 1" blocks in the rear, looks great now, sits perfectly level, and I really like the shocks, the ride is a little stiffer than stock, but I prefer that...corners much better, doesnt roll nearly as bad, and it gave me room for some bigger tires..overall, I really like them. Good luck..

Quick Reply: Bilstein shocks w/ lift on 2wd