Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bilstein 5100's

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Bilstein 5100's

OK Ive tried all kinds of searches, but cant seem to get a definitive answer. does Bilstein make a new strut just for a 6" lift or is it adjustable for a 4" or a 6". Somewhere I read they had a specific one just for a 6". But maybe im wrong. Right now I have the Rancho 4" lift using the RS9000 struts and also added a 1" spacer for a little extra lift. Now I need a bit more and before I add a bigger spacer, I thought about using the 6" Bilstein's. Also are there any other coilovers that will work with a 6" lift and also rear shocks. I read some about the BDS fox 2.0 rear shocks but not sure how they are. Thanks for any help. Mark
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM

Really guys. Nobody has any info with all the lifted guys on here.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:24 PM

Still can't believe with all the people running lifts on here nobody has any info on the bilsteins.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I guess you didn't search hard enough...

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sus...inch-lift.html

JT
Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It'll also help if you put down a little more info on your Truck so we don't need to guess.

2WD or 4WD?

JT
Old 06-10-2015, 09:15 AM

I actually did read that post, but I didn't even realize that I guess he came to the conclusion there is no strut they offer just for 6". now that I reread it I got it. Still not sure if Im better off with the Bilstein's that reuse the stock spring or just bite the bullet and get a set of Icons made and scrap the spacer all together. I emailed him too because Im not sure what he used in the back, because when I emailed Bilsten they say they don't offer a rear shock that will work with a lifted truck for the 04-08's. Here are the specs I have for my truck now. 06 F150 screw 4x4. I currently have the Rancho 4" lift on it (which also doesn't use any kind of spacer) using there R9000XL struts which are just longer than stock for the lift, but you reuse the stock springs. I also have a 1" daystar spacer on top. In the rear I have a 5" block with a set of taper shims under them plus a 2" lift shackle. But like you said my wheels are 20x10's with a -24 offset which caused a slight rub in the rear, but I also just added a set of 1" wheel spacers which increased the rub. So now I am trying to get her up a little more. I actually just took out the 1" spacer yesterday and installed a AS 2.5" spacer up front and am going to be putting in a Pro Comp long add a leaf in the rear with a little bigger tapered wedge under the blocks in the next few days. I guess what I was curious about is do you think the Bilstein's will work for me ( I know I might have to play around with the size of the spacer, and what rear shocks did you actually use because Bilstein says they don't offer a rear shock for our year trucks with a 6" lift on it. My other option was just gety a set of Icon's made for it and scrap the spacer all together. Sorry for the book I just wanted to make sure I included all the info. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Mark

Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100's