Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

billet over grille install help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default billet over grille install help

so got my used billet grill for the truck today that suppose to bolt directly over the factory grill, but I realized that it doesnt bolt over the STX grill! Is there a way to get it to fit? I'd figured I would mess with it a little on thankgiving, but any tips would help
Old 11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You should have checked online with the new ones; they state they only fit on the honeycomb style grills.

Normally you remove the old grills and install the outer painted (or chrome) onto the billit grill. I'm supposing you bought one that covers the existing honeycomb grill.

Two choices for you: sell it, or buy a used honeycomb grill and install it in your outer grill. Easy to do. They come up for sale often, either here in the "trades and sales" section, or on Ebay.

It will not install over the bar type grill that's used on the STX models. I too installed a honeycomb on my STX because I liked it better than the bar style. Then I bought a Roush grill that replaces the stock grills. I sold my honeycomb here for $25.00 about a year ago.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 PM

ugh, i hate being a f150 newbie. Thanks for the input
Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 PM

you know i actually have my old tan lariat grill. i think it should still be good. if you want to buy that i will sell it for 25 bucks like bucko said. but idk about shipping. sorry i should have said something bout the honeycomb thing.

Idk just a thought if you really want it?

Quick Reply: billet over grille install help