Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best way to level front?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to level front?

I recently picked up a 04 Super Crew xlt. and want to add wheels and tires.

Means i have to replace lower ball joints i want to add my leveling kit now. So i wont have to put it back on the alignment rack...

Which way to go? Add the coil spacers? or have any of you tried the new Rancho Quicklift? worth the extra money? but you still have to use the factory spring and mount.

If i go spacers, which i probably will, do i go 2 or 2.5''? Also with the spacers for this truck do you need to disassemble the coil over assembly? or do they just go on top of the factory mount?

Then, with the case of you guys, with the level kit, when you had it aligned did you need any adjustment kits? or is it not far enough out to worry about?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

My Daystar kit just sits ontop of the top hat, so no need to disassemble the coil.

As for alignment, the only thing out was my Toe.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
NashBulldawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldRed90
I recently picked up a 04 Super Crew xlt. and want to add wheels and tires.

Means i have to replace lower ball joints i want to add my leveling kit now. So i wont have to put it back on the alignment rack...

Which way to go? Add the coil spacers? or have any of you tried the new Rancho Quicklift? worth the extra money? but you still have to use the factory spring and mount.

If i go spacers, which i probably will, do i go 2 or 2.5''? Also with the spacers for this truck do you need to disassemble the coil over assembly? or do they just go on top of the factory mount?

Then, with the case of you guys, with the level kit, when you had it aligned did you need any adjustment kits? or is it not far enough out to worry about?

The spacers are OK.. Rancho's are better but i would personally go with the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks in the front and matching 5100's in the rear. You get the level fornt end with the new shcoks all the way around. If you do anything to level it you need to get it aligned asap. I had mine aligned just adding tires that were 1.5 inches bigger than stock. Alignment was off and they would have worn uneven.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by NashBulldawg
The spacers are OK.. Rancho's are better but i would personally go with the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks in the front and matching 5100's in the rear. You get the level fornt end with the new shcoks all the way around. If you do anything to level it you need to get it aligned asap. I had mine aligned just adding tires that were 1.5 inches bigger than stock. Alignment was off and they would have worn uneven.
How much are teh Bilstein 5100 leveling shock for the front and rears?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
NashBulldawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tw1nny03
How much are teh Bilstein 5100 leveling shock for the front and rears?
Shockwarehouse has them for $450 shipped i believe. You get a 5% discount being a member of this forum. And if you add them to your cart and try and click off the site they will offer you another 5% off if you stay on their site. I think you can probably get them for right at $405 shipped, no tax.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

if you are going to lift the front i reccomend a hell bent steel 2.5 inch lift... can get it on ebay for 69 dollers.... very easy to install... they come in 2 ...2.5 or 3inch..... ( i used the 3inch sits a little nose high).... took about an hour to install... and all you need to get an allignment later ....... you dont have to have any allignment kits or anything...my alignment was 39bucks
Old 03-18-2010, 11:22 AM

Bilstein 5100's are the way to good, way better ride quality, its not much stiffer like everyone thinks, and i didnt even need an alinement when leveled.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Rancho Quicklift RS9000xl Front, RS9000xl Rear. I have this and its awesome. Works great w/ my 35's, when I'm haulin a load or towin a loaded trailer. Check my album to see my pics. My truck doesnt even squat when its loaded out, and recovers quickly. The only thing, I wish I had gotten the reservoirs after reading up about the function of them. But this in no way takes away from these.

I also heard the Bilsteins were back ordered. Good luck w/ that.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM

bilsteins aren't back ordered, i order some 3 weeks ago and got them in 4 days. Go to topguncustomz. There a lot cheaper than rancho
Old 03-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Ive had them on back order from shockwarehouse since September. Every time I call they say they will be in by the end of the month. Guess ill check topgunz out

Quick Reply: Best way to level front?