Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best way to hardwire a CB antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
06 SuperCab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to hardwire a CB antenna

I've got a 06 Scab and was wondering if anyone out there has some info on mounting a CB antenna. Im thinking about drilling the roof and running coax through the headliner but if theres a better way I'd like to hear about it.. Thanks guys.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
emtzach

if the roof is where u want it but that may lead to rust/ leaks other issues. i suggest a mount to go between the hood fender gap then u can run the coax through the fire wall or a pillar area. just a suggestion ive had scanners on a lot of diff cars/trucks due to the fire dept i was on but its a clean look cuz u already have an antenna on the pass side, just makes things look even. what kind of cb/ant are u gonna run
Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM
06 SuperCab

Thats a good idea. Thanks for that. I'm running a Uniden Bearcat 520XL with a Wilson Lil Wil 36" antenna. Right now I'm just using a magnetic mount but I dont like closing the door on the coax over and over.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
emtzach

ok yeah magmounts suck jmo with a good mount i used to make mine to fit it looks cleaner and no scratching the clear coat good luck bud
Old 04-27-2009, 03:56 PM
The LED Man

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On some of my dad's previous trucks I have ran the coax discreetly to the bed of the truck (under carpet in the cab) and he has always had these nifty little antenna mounts for the lip of his bed.

I just googled cb antenna mounts and got some good ideas by looking at the mounts available here, I didn't know half of them existed,
http://www.premiere-electronics.net/...nnamounts.html

Quick Reply: Best way to hardwire a CB antenna