Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best way to go about getting sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Best way to go about getting sponsors?

If any of y'all have some sponsors I would really like to know about how you got them did you find them or did they find you? I emailed Toyo (no response) I just don't know how to get them and all the shops where I'm at weren't interested in advertising with my truck or sponsoring me and most of the lift companies won't because of insurance. I'd like to lift my truck but if I'm going to throw all my money at it I want to be able to get free parts or at least a discount! Thanks guys for any help!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

In most cases you have to have previously built something on your own dime that was featured in a magazine or gained a good amount of media exposure. You have to prove to them that investing in your vehicle is worth it to them and that they will get something in return.

It also never hurts to know someone who has dealt with them before and have them vouch for you.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Good luck with that!!! Most of the companies that built lift kits and the like no longer need "volunteers" or "ginny pigs" to use as advertisement anymore. When these truck models were new, you would have had a better chance. Even the new models have been out for awhile, so they are not in need by the manufacturers.

Not saying that a new company won't come about and want to advertise their new product, so head out to as many truck shows in your area and talk with as many vendors as you can. Get your name out there locally. You may get lucky.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
Good luck with that!!! Most of the companies that built lift kits and the like no longer need "volunteers" or "ginny pigs" to use as advertisement anymore. When these truck models were new, you would have had a better chance. Even the new models have been out for awhile, so they are not in need by the manufacturers.

Not saying that a new company won't come about and want to advertise their new product, so head out to as many truck shows in your area and talk with as many vendors as you can. Get your name out there locally. You may get lucky.
There aren't really and truck/ car shows here that often only about once a year theres a big one that I always go to.

Quick Reply: Best way to go about getting sponsors?