Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best OffRoad Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
only pussies wear bowties

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Best OffRoad Lights?

Im making a draft of a roof rack for my 2007 FX4 scab, i figured i could add a light bar on the front and put on some off road lights on the front.

Only problem is I found a lot of different lights but i dont know which ones perform better, or have better qualities for the price.

Any help yall? suggestions, remarks, criticism of previously owned or in use models of lights. Anything that can help me make a choice.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

well the hella 500s are a P.I.T.A. to wire in my experience...still cant get mine to work while following the included directions to the t
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have KC Daylighter in the spot beam that I have retrofitted with HID's. They work amazingly and I am thrilled with them. Between my HID head, fogs, and KC's there isnt anything I cant see. The heads are in the middle, the fogs are wide, and the KC's are long range. Perfect.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Squirtbottle09
I have KC Daylighter in the spot beam that I have retrofitted with HID's. They work amazingly and I am thrilled with them. Between my HID head, fogs, and KC's there isnt anything I cant see. The heads are in the middle, the fogs are wide, and the KC's are long range. Perfect.
thats an awesome set up... what series of KC did you get an how much were they plus the HID conversion
Old 08-02-2009, 01:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have loved the PIAA's i used to run, but i have been buying the cheap stainless ones from summit and putting KC cover's on em, i brake 'em too quick to buy good ones anymore.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Originally Posted by SethP
thats an awesome set up... what series of KC did you get an how much were they plus the HID conversion
The KC's where ~100 at autozone. And i have a cheap HID kit in them now because I wasnt sure how it would work. It was ~60. Im gonna get it replaced with a 55w digital kit in the near future though.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Originally Posted by ATOM
i have loved the PIAA's i used to run, but i have been buying the cheap stainless ones from summit and putting KC cover's on em, i brake 'em too quick to buy good ones anymore.
You should start taking care of your stuff.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirtbottle09
You should start taking care of your stuff.
OK daddy... thank old man winter by the way..

Last edited by ATOM; 08-02-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
ya that easy a good way to make it look good
Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been racing with baja design's 4 inch "fuego" HID lights and you'd be hard pressed to find better light distribution and use of color. there's no "hot spots" that mess up your night vision and they have three different patterns to choose from. they also have a 8 inch "soltek" model that has adjusters built in so you can tune the lights seperately on their own lightbar. all of baja design's lights come in either halogen or HID configurations and the halogen models are upgradeable. i have vision X 8 or 9 inch [i can't remember which] lights on my prerunner and they are killer as well. but it were me and i just wanted to go out occasionally on weekenders i'd go to harbor freight or kragen [checker] and score some of their HID lights. i've got friends that race with these lights and they have nothing but good things to say about them. i think they're around 100 bucks each. all the other lights mentioned before on this thread are fine lights though and you can't go wrong with any of them. other available lighting systems include eagle eye, agro, light force, ARB and others.

Quick Reply: Best OffRoad Lights?