Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best Exhaust Headers for 4.6 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust Headers for 4.6 Heritage

I want to install long tube or shortie headers on my 2004 Hertiage 4.6. Any suggestions on what fit your trucks. I know they make some great high dollar headers (over$450). Does any company make a nice set for less? I know you get what you pay for...

Or does anyone have a nice set for sale?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Use the Search.

The "shorty" style headers are easy (compared to long tube headers) to install, but do not provide much "umph" (read HP/torque) as the long tube. In my opinion, I'd use shrt tube (shorty) headers as a replacement for a cracked stock exhaust header, but would not install them if my stock exhaust manifolds were ok. Not worth the effort or cost. Long tube are the way to go if your serious about a good exhaust system.

It'd be a waste to install the long tube headers if you did not already have a free'r flowing exhaust system as well.

And yes, you get what you pay for. If I were going this route, I'd buy the ceramic coated headers. They allow the heat to dispurse, they don't burn off, and they do cost more. Using a "high heat" outer paint will keep the headers looking nice (for awhile), but do nothing in keeping the the hot exhaust gasses down. Thats the part that ceramic coating is great for.

Or wrap them.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 12-17-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Headers for 4.6 Heritage