Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best 6" Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Best 6" Lift?

I've been doing a doing some research as far as lifts go and I know the lifts members have here vary. Just curious as to what you guys think is the "best" lift kit they have as far as a 6" goes.

Thanks!
Rob
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Well what do you consider best? Best price? Best made? I have the fabtech and love it.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 PM

I'm talking about as far as quality. I know price and quality and price aren't always one and the same, so I figure I get members input on this! A suspension place here in Minnesota that will do the Rough Country 6" for about $1400 + 900 for install.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

For best price = Zone/RCX. I prefer Zone since its made in USA. They are similar in structure. Zone is a vendor on here so you can get any even better price than what you see online.

For option of going from 6"-8" = BDS, Fabtech, Procomp, Skyjacker but not in any particular order.

Everyone will say they like the lift they have on their truck the best. BDS has the best warranty, Fabtech and Pro Comp have the coilover options, and Skyjacker and Superlift are less common but still achieve what you want them to. Fabtech will increase the front track width making the front tires stick out wider than the rears. Pro Comp's rear lift is achieved with stacking blocks and usually is left with a lower lift than the front (bulldog/cali lean). However, you can get a single 4" or 5.5" block from Pro Comp separately. Yet Fabtech and Pro Comp are quality lifts and will be great on the truck. Everything will depend on the installation.

My advice: decide what you want to do with the lift. Just for looks? best performance? stay at 6" and never go bigger? Then look at options: 6" strut spacer or 6" struts? big rear block vs new rear leaf springs. The rear will matter if you tow a lot or haul heavy stuff in your bed.

Any other questions about lifts or anything I mentioned above feel free to ask. Been here before with trying to decide on lifts and learned a whole lot about all the different manufacturers.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
For best price = Zone/RCX. I prefer Zone since its made in USA. They are similar in structure. Zone is a vendor on here so you can get any even better price than what you see online.

For option of going from 6"-8" = BDS, Fabtech, Procomp, Skyjacker but not in any particular order.

Everyone will say they like the lift they have on their truck the best. BDS has the best warranty, Fabtech and Pro Comp have the coilover options, and Skyjacker and Superlift are less common but still achieve what you want them to. Fabtech will increase the front track width making the front tires stick out wider than the rears. Pro Comp's rear lift is achieved with stacking blocks and usually is left with a lower lift than the front (bulldog/cali lean). However, you can get a single 4" or 5.5" block from Pro Comp separately. Yet Fabtech and Pro Comp are quality lifts and will be great on the truck. Everything will depend on the installation.

My advice: decide what you want to do with the lift. Just for looks? best performance? stay at 6" and never go bigger? Then look at options: 6" strut spacer or 6" struts? big rear block vs new rear leaf springs. The rear will matter if you tow a lot or haul heavy stuff in your bed.

Any other questions about lifts or anything I mentioned above feel free to ask. Been here before with trying to decide on lifts and learned a whole lot about all the different manufacturers.
Well as of right now it would be just for looks, BUT I would like to find a place to go mudding so I can put it to use and have some fun with it like you should! As far as price, I'll save for whatever, so it's not a big factor. I just would like to buy something that will last and be quality built. I would like to stay at a 6 because I'm still in school and have to commute to and from school and work
Old 09-10-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuugz

Well as of right now it would be just for looks, BUT I would like to find a place to go mudding so I can put it to use and have some fun with it like you should! As far as price, I'll save for whatever, so it's not a big factor. I just would like to buy something that will last and be quality built. I would like to stay at a 6 because I'm still in school and have to commute to and from school and work
Hmmm..okay well then itll come down to preference because you could easily go with Zone/RCX with what you want to do. I would look and see if your local shop deals with BDS/Zone (sister companies, pretty much) as theyd give you better prices. You can talk to member Tim1216 as he has a 6" Zone and loves it.
Personally, I love my BDS but as I said, we will all prefer the ones we have on our own trucks...I see Nick (above) is the same way..haha.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 AM

Yah you really cant go wrong with whatever you choose. The main thing to look at tho, is will you ever wanna go higher? With the zone and rcx the only option you have is a body lift. I think you can add 1.5" to them but the UCA hits on the coil. If it's even a tought that you may one day want to go higher odd are you will. Haha it's like an addiction, your always wanting to go higher.

Last edited by nickpatton_189; 09-10-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 AM

Yeah I noticed that among a lot of members here lol. Any info on the rough country 6?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 AM

With the rcx (rough country) you can only add up to 1.5" of lift to it but the Upper control arm will hit the spring when it flexes. A member on here just recently did this. But if u plan to keep it at 6" then it's not a bad kit. If I were you, I'd go with it, and then add the bilstein 4-6" lift 5100 series shocks and get rid of that big spacer. The bilstein 5100 4-6" can be had for 430$ for all 4 from topgunz
Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 AM

Ah nice. Didn't know rough country was also known as rcx. My bad! Will those shocks make the ride a little smoother?

Quick Reply: Best 6" Lift?