Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bed Xtender install pics/instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Bed Xtender install pics/instructions?

I just bought a Ford bed extender for my 06 Lariat 4x4 off eBay. The seller sent the two bolts/posts required but I've read that I need 4 grommets and possibly a couple of flare nuts. I have part numbers but what I don't have is an idea of how the hardware mounts.

In some forums there is talk of using two flare nuts to secure the bolts. In others, these bolts are self tapping. I read where there is an indicated place to drill for the installation of the self tapping bolts but I don't see it?

On my 06 - on the pillars just inside where the tailgate closes there are three pre-drilled holes. I'm guessing the bolts go into the center holes and the grommets into the top and bottom ones. But there's nothing behind the center hole to thread the bolt into? (Flare nut?) And if a nut is required how do I get behind the pillar to attach it?

Any help and pics would be great!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Ray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 bed extender

I have the same issue with my new trruck. I have three holes in the side wall of the bed near the tailgate. What do I need to install a bed extender? Any help orpictures would be greately appreciated!!!

Quick Reply: Bed Xtender install pics/instructions?