Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bed rattling/squeaking loose noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Fireman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed rattling/squeaking loose noise?

Hey y'all,

My truck bed (or something that's not the rear window) has been making some weird rattling/squeaking noise almost as if something is loose! I can't make out what the sound is but maybe someone here can help me out. My cousin has clarified that it is NOT the rear sliding window which IS powered when he was riding in the rear of the cab.

I made a video of what is going on (sound on):

It is a 2006 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L V3 Triton

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Easy. Most, if not all, trucks will do that. I do a lot of off-roading during hunting season and it sounds 100 times worse than that. You have debris around the bed mounting points and/or leaf spring mounts. Whenever I wash I put my pressure washer on those points for a few seconds. Next time I take her out, viola, no more squeaking.
The following users liked this post:
Houston Rogers (08-18-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Fireman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockjock3
Easy. Most, if not all, trucks will do that. I do a lot of off-roading during hunting season and it sounds 100 times worse than that. You have debris around the bed mounting points and/or leaf spring mounts. Whenever I wash I put my pressure washer on those points for a few seconds. Next time I take her out, viola, no more squeaking.
It turns out it was actually a rusted spring on the side when you latch the tailgate. I put some WD-40 on there and it was good to go.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston Rogers
It turns out it was actually a rusted spring on the side when you latch the tailgate. I put some WD-40 on there and it was good to go.
common problem all 04-08 tailgates make a chriping noise... if u slam it/grease it will stop

Quick Reply: Bed rattling/squeaking loose noise?