Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bed Extender

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bed Extender

I just purchased a new 2008 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 5.5ft bed. I'm looking to put in a bed extender. Since the truck is new I really don't want to be drilling new holes in it. Can anyone recommend a bed extender that attaches to the factory drilled holes. I was looking at the Westin, because I like that it can flip back into the bed without disconnecting it. It does not have to a Westin, but I want something that is good quality. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Inspector Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so here's what ya do: get yourself some black clothes, wait until about 2 or 3 am, sneak onto your local dealer lot and grab one out the back of one of their trucks. Stock extender is sure to fit in the stock holes...

Seriously though, what's the difference in price in buying it from the dealer and getting one from Westin? Also, have you tried calling around to local bone yards? If they don't have one in stock, they often can get you a good deal on replacement parts used when parts are destroyed in collisions.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL that was funny. I never thought of just stealing one. Good idea about the junkyard.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:07 PM

I installed the factory in my 2008 and it fits perfect, not drilling, there are holes existing you might just have to enlarge, I didn't have to enlarge, just screwed in the bolt and it worked. If you have a bedliner, you will have to drill holes in the liner to lock in the extender. It's also perfectly functional with Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit retractable cover as well. Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
2004 F150 Lariat

Originally Posted by nepats52
LOL that was funny. I never thought of just stealing one. Good idea about the junkyard.
If there are a bunch of new posts next week along the lines of "Hey, Look at my shiny new bed extender", I'm turning all you guys in.

The reward money ought to pay for mine.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 PM

Default Bed Extender Installation

Originally Posted by fldave
I installed the factory in my 2008 and it fits perfect, not drilling, there are holes existing you might just have to enlarge, I didn't have to enlarge, just screwed in the bolt and it worked. If you have a bedliner, you will have to drill holes in the liner to lock in the extender. It's also perfectly functional with Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit retractable cover as well. Hope this helps.
I have a 08 Supercrew and I just bought a bed extender on craigslist. But it didn't come with the hardware, thus I went to a dealership and bought the pivot bolts.

When you screwed in the bolt, did you just force/screw it in? There's no visible track on the middle hole.

Also, I bought the bolts and the nuts but is there a way to get to the other side to screw in the nut?

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by mcaldwell
If there are a bunch of new posts next week along the lines of "Hey, Look at my shiny new bed extender", I'm turning all you guys in.

The reward money ought to pay for mine.

Hahahaha... wanna see my new bed extender????
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 AM

check craigslist.....kinda off topic but alot of trucks around have had their tailgates stolen, I was reading truckin a few months back and they recommended putting a hose clamp on the round slot that the tailgate slides into on the passenger side. not full proof but at least they can't just jack it it two minutes. I always lock my tail gate anyways...to keep guys like you from stealing my bed extender.....before I got my bed cover......

Quick Reply: Bed Extender