Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
one shot one kill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery

I took my truck to my local garage to get an Interstate battery put it in, becuase i left my KC lights on all night. yesterday when i got home from the shop i noticed it was an AC Delco battery instead of the Interstate.
i have been going to these people for years and they have always treated me more than fair. i dont want them to think i am b i t c h i n g yet i really want the interstate instead of the AC Delco. how should i handle this.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Make sure you got what you paid for. Business is business.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
one shot one kill

yeah i know what your saying i paid 103 total and i think the interstate is more expensive than that, so they probably charged me for an AC Delco, should i go in and have them switch the the interstate and just pay the difference?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are positive you asked for the Interstate than yes. If they are as nice as you say they are they should swap it out. There is not a huge difference between this guys battery and that guys. They all have specs they have to perform up to. As long as the cranking and cold crank amps are where you need it, batteries are reletively similiar. You are usually paying for the warranty. My original battery (Ford Motorcraft brand) died and was replaced free under warranty...If the battery lasts more than 2 years, you got a good battery in my opinon.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
one shot one kill

thanks for the reply, one more quick question for you. this morning it was in the thirties here and when i went out to the truck i tried to start it and it clicked first for a second the turned over and fired up(its never happened before) then when i pulled out of the drive i got on the gas and it seemed the more gas i gave the more it died but it finally started running well and when i got to work i turned it off and then recranked it to see what was going on and it seemed to be back to normal. is this expected with a brand new battery or should i be worried?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have an electrical issue other than the battery, perhaps the alternator isn't charging the battery efficiently, causing it to work harder. You could have a loose connection at the battery or at the starter.
Regarding the battery type, I'd forget both the Interstate and Delco and go with an Optima. Twice the life and it's almost bulletproof.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Mark

Received 2,412 Likes on 2,113 Posts

What was wrong with the other battery ?? Just because the lights ran the juice out of the battery don't mean you need to go buy a new one...all you had to do is re-charge the one you had...unless it was needing replacement anyways...JMO AC Delco...isn't that Chevy crap...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM

Batteies by Interstate and AC Delco are both the same quality, but what you want is a good warranty. Or you can upgrade to a gel like Optima, not worth it unless you are taking bullets, going through high water, or twist you truck over 35 degrees. If you want a truely better option, get a smart battery with a shutoff so it will not leave you with a dead battery in the morning.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
big cube 426

start your truck up, while its idling take the positive cable off. if it stays running the alternator is good. if it dies the alt. is junk.

Quick Reply: battery