Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Banks or Bust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Banks or Bust?

Got me a nice 05 Lariat 5.4 with low miles. Working on the cam phasers now.

Looking at some performance options. Around town I'm not to worried about my gas mileage cause yeah I do like to punch it every now and then. But I'm in the reserves and once or twice a month I have to make a trip from Columbia SC to Fort Bragg/ Pope NC. And I would like to have something with an Eco tune for that trip.
I set the cruise for 68 70 mph and just let it do its thing hoping for decent MPGs. I think the best I've gotten is 18.

Question is should I go for the Banks package? Or are there other proven companies out there where I can get a tunable controller, exhaust and intake where in not just paying for the name? I need a performance tune for fun around town, and Eco for the long trips. Don't really ever tow anything.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think for the price you can piece together a better total package. For a starter here is an SCTx4 tuner for far less than other places, I bought mine when the price fluctuated to $282. As for intake and exhaust, that is just your preference: But for me Borla, Magnaflow, Roush.

Quick Reply: Banks or Bust?