Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Back up cameras

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Wildbillcody

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back up cameras

I have an Edge CTS tuner. And was looking to add a compatible back up camera. Does anyone have one? Does it have to be the Edge camera? Or are there other ones that can be used?
Old 12-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

I haven't tried it however the Edge CTS manual states "If you have a backup camera or other RCA device connected to the CTS" tells me that it's a basic RCA video input. With my Pioneer deck, it's also an RCA input and I've used a cheap eBay one on my F150 and a higher end one on my Fusion. The only difference with my Pioneer is it allows for PAL or NTSC and I'm not sure what the Edge would support (but I'd imagine either as well).

The manual also says "The CTS will work with most off-the-shelf back-up cameras" so I'm assuming you're good. It also states you can use it with a DVD player and such, so you should be good with just about any. What I'm unsure of is how the automatic reverse camera works, I *think* the CTS looks for signal on the RCA line whereas my Pioneer has a physical reverse input to trigger it.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:58 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

We sell the Edge tuner with our backup camera so I can say that they are compatible with our cameras. The nice thing is that we have more options than just the license plate version like the Edge camera system.

You can check out all our Ford backup camera kit's here:
https://camera-source.com/products/a...ign=edgecamera

You can choose any of them and they will be compatible with the Edge video format.

Give a call and we can help you choose the right system.

Thanks!
camera-source.com
888-844-9763
Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have mine hooked up to a cheapish back up camera off amazon. works fine

Quick Reply: Back up cameras