Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Back-Up Camera Install...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back-Up Camera Install...

How do I get this removed? I realize I could just jerk on it, but I wanted to make sure before I did more damage than I should. I want to tie the Back-up camera LCD above the rear view mirror.

It is the center interior light.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM

I've never removed that part. But where I would start is remove a lens. There sometimes can be screws in the base that hold the light in. If there are remove them from both sides if not this just snaps in. Becareful and gentle when you attempt that without being certain.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Careful and Gentle

That is what I am thinking. That is why I was wanting some heads up. I am not sure about getting the lens off either. But in fact, I did not think of removing the lens first... There is always a plethora of information on the board. Thanks for that heads up... I was thinking that the part might come out as a whole. I will pull the lens and see if I can get it off. But it is part of the switch as pushing on it turns on the light.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by wesbilly
That is what I am thinking. That is why I was wanting some heads up. I am not sure about getting the lens off either. But in fact, I did not think of removing the lens first... There is always a plethora of information on the board. Thanks for that heads up... I was thinking that the part might come out as a whole. I will pull the lens and see if I can get it off. But it is part of the switch as pushing on it turns on the light.
Yes it is but you have to be able to change the bulb inside so it has to come apart. Sometimes a small jewlers screw driver around the edge allows you to pop it off.

Quick Reply: Back-Up Camera Install...